Saturday 7 June 2008

Day One:- Preston Brook to Dunham

Well, I'm impressed with the mobile broadband so far. Mind you we are not all that far from civilisation, so I would expect to get a good signal. It's certainly a lot faster than last May when we used bluetooth, the mobile phone and a dial up connection! It's great not to have to worry about how long I spend typing this up as the charge is for the amount of data uploaded/downloaded, rather than by the minute. It will be interesting to see what the coverage is like in July when we go for a proper cruise.


We set off from Preston Brook at 10.30 and had a leisurely cruise to Dunham, a total of 14 miles, stopping at Thorne Marine for a pump out and at Lymm for a paper. We have moored slightly further on than normal, just past the Hall. It is peaceful sitting here listening to the birds singing.

Although it has been overcast for most of the day, it has still been warm enough for Carl to wear his shorts. The sun has managed to peek out from behind the clouds a few times, but no burnt shoulders today, thank goodness.


There were lots of boats heading the opposite way to us. It's Middlewich Festival next weekend, so I expect that some of them were heading for that.

After trying three times to upload a photo, I've given up! I don't know if it is Blogger playing up or whether it is the mobile broadband. I'll be disappointed if I'm not able to upload photos on the move as that was one of the reasons we bought the mobile modem thing. I'll try again tomorrow.

(added 9/6/08 - managed to get the photos on today)

No comments:

Post a Comment