Monday 9 June 2008

Day Three:- Dover to Castlefields



Another scorcher. Up early again and the sun is already hot. Definitely need plenty of sun cream today. We sat around in the sun for a while before setting off about 8.30. Not so many people around today, but a few dog walkers. This stretch of the canal has a good towpath and is very good for walkers and cyclists.


We saw a kingfisher along the stretch between Dover and Plank Lane. It was too fast to photograph and didn't settle anywhere. There was, however, a narrowboat called Kingfisher sinking in a winding hole that I managed to snap!

We were through Plank Lane just after 9.00 and then it was a leisurely cruise through to Manchester, through Trafford Park and past Manchester United football ground.


We moored in Castlefield Basin and sat out in the sun people watching. It's not often that we moor in cities or towns. Total travelling today was 17 miles.



The laptop crashed several times while I was trying to update the blog so I have typed it in word and pasted it into blogger. I decided it would be quicker that way. I then had another go at resolving the problem and removed the GPS software that I loaded before we left home. Touch wood, it hasn't crashed since and it is letting me upload photos. I am now going back to upload photos to the previous posts

No comments:

Post a Comment