Wednesday 28 March 2012

Made me giggle

I have been dipping into some old posts on the blogs that I follow and I found the following entry about the Bridgewater Canal:-

I don't know what it is about this particular canal but none of the boats with Bridgewater registrations slow down; maybe they think that because the canal is owned by Peel Holdings British waterways rules don't apply?

It made me giggle because, as stated above, the Bridgewater canal is not owned or run by British Waterways so of course BW rules don’t apply!

Incidentally, Bridgewater Canal Company rules DO state that you should slow down past moored boats, but there are a lot of people who disregard this rule – Bridgewater and BW registered boats.

A lot of BW licence holders don’t realise that that they are no longer on BW waters while they cruise the Bridgewater Canal and that they are only allowed to navigate the Bridgewater Canal free for a period of seven days at a time. Nor do they realise that, unlike on BW waters, they are only allowed to moor for a maximum of 24 hours in any one place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment